The Big Idea
People at all levels of an organization can make a significant difference if they are fully committed and engaged in the business.
One of the most important ways that a leader can impact the trajectory of a business is by continuing to find new ways to get the most out of the organization’s people. Successful fast-growth companies cultivate exceptional levels of commitment and performance. They simply can’t afford not to.
People do the work of an organization and are ultimately responsible for its success. Yet, most companies fail to develop and utilize the intelligence and creative talents of their people. The consequence is that, in many companies, large and small, people are vastly underutilized.
Can you imagine what would happen to your organization if every person worked at his or her full potential? One of the most important roles of leaders is to create en environment in which ordinary people can do extraordinary things.
Mark leverages his deep understanding of the cultures or high-growth companies to reveal the keys to creating an environment where employees have an emotional attachment to the organization that is more meaningful than simply having a job. He provides fresh, practical insights into building the type of an emotional engagement between employees and a business that results in higher levels of performance, commitment, and productivity.
Getting the Most Out of People provides executives, managers, and team leaders with a proven approach to creating a culture that unleashes the capabilities of its people.
- Change thinking about culture, turning it from an excuse and a diversion to an accelerator of growth and a competitive advantage.
- Understand employee engagement, how it’s measured, and what drives it.
- The crucial role of managers and leaders in modeling desired behaviors.
- Learn how culture works and how to work it.
- Increase the discretionary efforts that are critical to success.
- Build conviction and ensure culture supports your strategy and vision.
- See the critical importance of growing people along with the business.
- Understand why high-performance organizations don’t just happen. They must be built, nurtured, and constantly lived.