The Big Idea
Every fast-growth company eventually runs into some all-too-common obstacles. How you handle them can make the difference between success and a high-speed crash.
Fast-growing companies don’t operate in first gear. They often have explosive rates of growth. And when you’re traveling at that kind of speed, encountering an obstacle can be downright painful – and in some cases, even fatal.
If your business is successful, it will grow itself into problems. It’s nearly impossible to scale a business without experiencing obstacles along the way. Problems inevitably begin to pile up as a company grows and becomes more complex.
Through his work with hundreds of fast-growth companies, Mark has identified the most common organizational problems that businesses face as they get bigger and more complex. These are not only problems, but also warning signs of deeper issues within an organization. How well you understand and effectively manage the causes of your growth problems determines if your company continues to be successful or stumbles…or worse.
Growth Problems takes an informative and entertaining look at the issues that all fast-growth companies experience. No growing company is ever totally immune.
- Understand what the twelve most common organizational growth problems are, why companies have them, and what to do about them.
- See why focusing only on markets, products, and strategy is not enough to build sustainable profitable growth.
- Learn why it’s critically important for a fast-growth company to raise its ability to support its growth as fast as it does the revenue line.
- Understand and measure the extent to which your organization is positioned for continued successful (and profitable) growth.
- Discover why business problems of fast-growing companies are similar and the solutions tend to be the same.