The Big Idea
The continuing change brought on by growth requires leaders to develop new skills, capabilities, and new ways of operating their companies, which are often quite different from those skills, capabilities, and ways of operating that made the business successful in the first place.
Instead of rehashing a lot of mainstream leadership advice you could pick up from any popular book on leadership, Mark explores the critical leadership issues and challenges that are unique to fast-growth companies – the ones that separate success from disaster.
What makes leading a growth company so difficult is you’re dealing with a series of issues, decisions, and challenges that you have never faced before.
The biggest overall challenge is the unending change that the company is subject to as it grows – and that means your role must evolve to match those changes. How well you adapt to the changing needs of your company as it grows is the difference between success and failure.
Taken from his personal experience and his work with countless successful (and unsuccessful) fast-growth leaders, Mark shares the hard-earned understanding of exactly what it takes to successfully lead a growth company. Leading at the Speed of Growth tackles the specific changes you need to make in your approach to leading, managing, and operating your company as it grows.
These real-world insights allow a leader to move faster, with fewer wrong turns and costly dead ends.
- Identify which “best” leadership practices are standing in the way of your growth.
- Recognize how the roles and responsibilities of leaders change as the company grows.
- See why growth requires new ways of managing and operating.
- Learn what knowledge and skills are necessary at each stage of your company’s growth.
- Understand, plan for, and manage the challenges that come with each level of growth.
- Know what to stop doing as your company grows.
- Understand why your company will outgrow many of its people.